Lakeshore Legal Aid
30500 Van Dyke Avenue,
Warren, MI 48093
Clients: (888) 783-8190
Office: (586) 510-1814
Helpful Links for Seniors:
- www.aoa.gov: Administration on Aging website provides further links and
information for seniors and their caregivers.
- www.mplp.org: Michigan Poverty Law Program provides links to new legislation and news articles relating to laws effecting senior citizens and the poor.
- www.fraudguides.com/report/michigan: Report alleged consumer fraud.
- www.misecc.org/umbrellas/St_Clair.htm: Links to United Way area agency websites that serve St. Clair County.
- www.aaa1b.org: The Area Agency on Aging 1-B (AAA 1-B) is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the independence, dignity, and quality of life of seniors, family caregivers and persons with disabilities residing in Livingston, Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, St. Clair and Washtenaw counties.
- www.bluewaterchamber.com/Community/Council-on-Aging,-Inc,-Serving-St-Clair-County-1893: Provides a directory of community organizations in St. Clair County that serve senior citizens.
- www.oakgov.com/health/seniors/Pages/default.aspx: Provides a directory of community organizations in Oakland County that serve senior citizens.
- mca.macombgov.org/MCA-Seniors: Provides a directory of community organizations in Macomb County that serve senior citizens.
- www.ncsc.org/Topics/Children-Families-and-Elders/Elder-Abuse/Resource-Guide.aspx: Information on the different types of elder abuse, the signs that abuse is occurring, and links to national and state hotlines for elder abuse victims.
- National Center on Elder Abuse: To improve the national response to elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation by gathering, housing, disseminating, and stimulating innovative, validated methods of practice, education, research, and policy.
Articles on Signs of Senior Exploitation:
How to Spot it, How to Proceed, and the Common Forms of Senior Exploitation
- May is Elder Abuse Awareness Month!
Because Justice for Some is No Justice at All.